Ga. health rankings: Cherokee County | Health
(WXIA) -- A new report offers detailed health statistics for each of Georgia's counties.
The findings, which are posted at countyhealthrankings.org, determined that Forsyth is Georgia's healthiest county. Early is the least healthy.
Cherokee is Georgia's 6th healthiest county, according to the data. It ranks 5th for quality of life, 10th for health behaviors (such as smoking and obesity), 24th for clinical care, 6th for social and economic factors (like graduation rates and violent crimes), and 139th for physical environment.
Here are some interesting takeaways about Cherokee County:
* 11% of adult residents are in "poor or fair" health
* 26% of adult residents are obese
* 18% of residents are uninsured
* 69.7% of adult residents completed at least some college coursework
* 24% of children live in single-parent households
* 53% of adult residents have what would be considered a "long" daily commute